For the last 24 years, the English-speaking community of the Greater Québec City region has collaborated in running a successful Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We distribute Christmas hampers to over 200 homes in need, which is an enormous challenge with a most heart-warming outcome. Learn more in the press release, infographic or video.
Jeffery Hale Community Partners coordinates the campaign's central registry of English-speaking community members who need help during the holiday season.
Join our efforts from November 17 to December 15, 2019!
Help deliver some goodness, give to the campaign in any or all of these ways: by offering your volunteer time, by donating non-perishable food, or by making a monetary donation. See Partners section below for other printable and shareable publicity tools.
About the charity
The mission of the Jeffery Hale Community Partners is to promote and contribute to the health and well-being of the English-speaking population of the Quebec City and Chaudière-Appalaches regions. Jeffery Hale Community Partners (JHCP) is a registered charity through Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) since 1991 and a leading partner in the coordination of the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. Donations are managed directly by the JHCP and through Canada Helps.
Where does my donation go?
Donations are gratefully accepted to buy fresh produce for the hampers - such perishables as fruit, vegetables, flour and meats to complement the non-perishable food donations. Our biggest purchases are bread, eggs and turkey, which complete a traditional holiday dinner.
Share your giving story!
I am ready to donate online
Great! You can donate to our campaign online by visiting CanadaHelps.org through our charity Jeffery Hale Community Partners and receive a tax receipt immediately.
I am ready to donate by mail
Fantastic! You may submit a donation by cheque payable to the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. Tax receipts will be issued for donations of $20 or more.
Community Christmas Hamper Campaign
c/o Jeffery Hale Community Partners
2000-1270, chemin Sainte-Foy
Québec (Québec) G1S 2M4
When can I donate?
The campaign for collecting non-perishable food begins on Sunday, November 17 and wraps up the year on Sunday, December 15, 2019.
What CAN I donate?
Please consult our wishlist pdf to your right. All of these items and more are gratefully accepted!
What CAN'T I donate?
We do NOT accept food with expired best-before dates or homemade items, in keeping with the rules and regulations set by the ministère de l'Agriculture, des Pêcheries et de l'Alimentation du Québec (MAPAQ). This helps protect the health and safety of those who receive the hampers, some of the most vulnerable members of the community. Thank you for understanding and respecting this important safety rule.
Where can I donate?
Drop off your food items at any of the following collection sites in your area. A hamper collection box should be found near the entry and identified by a poster with our logo.
- Tomato paste, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes
- Canned vegetables (i.e. corn, cranberries, green peas)
- Mustard, ketchup, mayonnaise (other condiments)
- Canned soups
- Toothpaste, floss
Other non-perishable food
- Pasta of all shapes and sizes
- Apple sauce
- Juice box
- Peanut butter, Jam
I’d like to give my time!
Over 300 volunteers work together to collect, pack and deliver hampers on the week prior to the Christmas Holidays. Help deliver some goodness!
How do I sign up?
- Returning volunteer? Using your username and password, login here.
[Have you forgotten? Don't worry, there's a button for that! Please refrain from filling in an application form all over again.]For further help, contact the Volunteer Coordinator for the hamper campaign at 418 684-5333, ext. 1550
How and when can I register?
Anyone in need of a hamper may register by contacting a church, organization or institution listed in the hamper registry pamphlet before Monday, November 18, 2019.
If your child attends a school in the Central Quebec School Board, you can contact your school social worker or nurse who may be reached at Jeffery Hale Community Services, 418 684-5333, ext. 1580
What happens once I’ve registered?
This is a confidential service. Your contact person will give your name and address confidentially to the central registry for the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. After this is done, names and addresses will be checked for duplication. Your contact person will call you to tell you the date and the approximate time of delivery. We would ask that you make a point of being at home to receive your hamper. It will be delivered to you by a team of volunteers.
What are other helpful resources available to me?
If you need further help, there are many community services that may be of help to you, including: referrals to other helping agencies (food banks), help with income tax returns, access to a free job bank.
Call Jeffery Hale Community Services to speak with a social worker
at 418 684-5333, ext. 1580.
Help! I don't know how to cook a turkey!
Please read our instructions on how to cook a turkey safely.
How can I attend or promote fundraising events?
I'd like to host my own event to raise funds!
Would you like to help us fundraise with a special event in your circles? Please contact us (email@example.com ) and let us know so we can share our resources and put our official logo on your event!
Share Your Fundraising Event With Us!
Become a Partner
How can you become a partner?
Are you affiliated with an organization, church or community group? Are you an entrepreneur or independent business owner? Do you work for a local or international company? Your company, organization or group can help us reach our objective of providing a Christmas dinner to over 200 families this holiday season.
- Join our committee, raise funds and become a collection site! Printable and shareable publicity tools for our collection sites: 8-1/2 x11 poster in English and French, and 1440x1080 jpeg for electronic display in English and French.
- Join us as a corporate partner and donate or offer a whopping discount on your food item or supplies.
- Join us as a corporate partner for our delivery day, or lend your company or organization’s expertise in any way.
Interested? Call or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to submit your name and contact information along with your interest in partnering with us.
Share your partner story!
Representatives from the following community groups are on the planning committee for this annual initiative
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
- Central Quebec School Board
- Chalmers-Wesley United Church
- CEGEP Champlain - St. Lawrence
- Eastern Quebec Learning Centre
- Evangel Pentecostal Church
- Fraser Recovery Program
- Jeffery Hale Community Partners
- Jeffery Hale Community Services
- Morrin Centre
- Quebec Baptist Church
- Saint Brigid's Home
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
- St. Michael's Anglican Church
- St. Patrick's Church & Catholic Women’s League
- South Shore English Network
- Voice of English-speaking Québec
Other community collaborators include
- CBC Radio 1 (104.7 FM)
- Saint Vincent School
- Everest Elementary School
- Holland Elementary School
- Ste-Foy Elementary School
- St. Patrick's High School
- St. Lawrence College Student Association
- Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph
- Dollard-des-Ormeaux School
- Église Unie Saint-Pierre
- Grand Hospitaller of the Order of Malta
- McGreevy Manor
- Saint Brigid’s Home Foundation
- IGA Marché Poulin
- Discount Car & Truck Rentals
- Nutri-Œuf: Ovale Eggs, Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon
- Emballages L.P. Aubut Inc.
- Clinique Dentaire du Quartier
- Canada Post
- UPS Canada, QC
- Tim Hortons
- Walmart Laurier Québec
- LP-X-Act Solutions Inc
- Mercedes-Benz St-Nicolas
- Nestlé Purina PetCare Canada
- Royal Canin Canada