Celebrating 25 years in 2020!
For the last 25 years, the English-speaking community of the Greater Québec City region has collaborated in running a successful Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We distribute Christmas hampers to over 200 homes in need, which is an enormous challenge with a most heart-warming outcome. Learn more in the press release, infographic or video. Listen to a November 2020 CBC Radio interview with Brigitte Wellens, campaign spokesperson.
Jeffery Hale Community Partners coordinates the campaign's central registry of English-speaking community members who need help during the holiday season.
Join our efforts from November 1 to December 19, 2020!
Due to COVID-19, we are NOT able to accept food donations this year, but you can still give to the campaign by making a monetary donation and by offering your volunteer time. Help us spread the word! See the Partners section below to download our printable and shareable publicity tools.
About the charity
The mission of the Jeffery Hale Community Partners is to promote and contribute to the health and well-being of the English-speaking population of the Quebec City and Chaudière-Appalaches regions. Jeffery Hale Community Partners (JHCP) is a registered charity through Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) since 1991 and a leading partner in the coordination of the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. Donations are managed directly by the JHCP and through Canada Helps.
Where does my donation go?
Due to the pandemic, we CANNOT accept food donations this year, so we need your monetary donations more than ever to purchase all food for the hampers - fruit, vegetables, meats AND non-perishable items. Our biggest purchases are bread, eggs and turkey, which complete a traditional holiday dinner.
I am ready to donate online
Fantastic! You can donate to our campaign online using our secure and convenient online donation form and receive a tax receipt right away from Jeffery Hale Community Partners, the registered charity behind the campaign.
Unless you request anonymity, we will recognize you in one of our donor categories in a thank-you advertisement in the Quebec Chronicle Telegraph newspaper in January: Bronze $20-$100; Silver $101-$249; Gold $250 to $499; Platinum $500 & up.
I am ready to donate by mail
Wonderful! You may submit a donation by cheque payable to the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We issue tax receipts for donations of $10 or more.
Community Christmas Hamper Campaign
c/o Jeffery Hale Community Partners
2000-1270, chemin Sainte-Foy
Québec (Québec) G1S 2M4
I’d like to give my time to help deliver some goodness!
Given the current situation, we have everyone's health and safety at heart. To minimize the number of people in the same space at the same time, we have reviewed all of the volunteer opportunities that we usually offer. This year, we will only be recruiting for delivery teams (driver and helper from the same household).
If you are interested in delivering hampers, be sure to note the qualifications in the next column and the instructions to register as a volunteer.
We hope to be able to bring everyone together again NEXT year (2021) for collection, sorting and packing. Thanks for your understanding!
Questions? Contact Jessica, the Volunteer Coordinator for the hamper campaign, by email firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone 418 684-5333, ext. 1550.
Big thanks to the Centre des congrès de Québec for accepting with great enthusiasm to be home base for this year's Campaign. Click the image to enlarge a satellite view of this location.
NOTE: If you volunteered for our 25th campaign, please take our survey!
Qualifications for drivers and their helpers
- The driver and helper MUST be from the same household!
- Be available on delivery day, December 19th
- You are in good health.
- You can you lift 25 lbs (either the driver or their helper).
- You have a car and a valid driver’s license.
- You can navigate the region well or have a GPS or a cell phone with Google Maps.
How do I sign up?
- New volunteer? You can fill in an application here. For help on how to fill out the application form, please view our how-to video!
- Returning volunteer? Using your username and password, login here.
Have you forgotten how to register since you did so last year? Please don't try to fill in an application form again. Click on "I forgot my username or password".
A special note to driver teams in 2020
Take a look at the driveway of the Centre des congrès de Québec. Remember to stay in your car when you get there. We will come to you. Registered drivers will receive full instructions by email. Please follow them closely to protect everyone's health!
How and when can I register?
Anyone in need of a hamper may register by contacting a church, organization or institution listed in the hamper registry pamphlet before Monday, November 16, 2020.
If your child attends a school in the Central Quebec School Board, you can contact your school social worker or nurse who may be reached at Jeffery Hale Community Services, 418 684-5333, ext. 1580
What happens once I’ve registered?
This is a confidential service. Your contact person will give your name and address confidentially to the central registry for the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. After this is done, names and addresses will be checked for duplication. Your contact person will call you to tell you the date and the approximate time of delivery. We would ask that you make a point of being at home to receive your hamper. It will be delivered to you by a team of volunteers.
What are other helpful resources available to me?
If you need further help, there are many community services that may be of help to you, including: referrals to other helping agencies (food banks), help with income tax returns, access to a free job bank.
Call Jeffery Hale Community Services to speak with a social worker
at 418 684-5333, ext. 1580.
Help! I don't know how to cook a turkey!
Please read our instructions on how to cook a turkey safely.
How can I attend or promote fundraising events?
Due to COVID-19, all fundraising events will be taking place online this year in some virtual format. Here are a few initiatives you can support:
- Chocolate chip cookie & mac n cheese mixes in Mason jars
- International e-Cookbook featuring favourite recipes of EQLC students
- VEQ's Ugly Holiday Sweater photo contest
- Videos from the North Pole personalized for your child
- POUND for a "Claus" virtual fitness class
I'd like to host my own event to raise funds!
Would you like to help us fundraise with a special event in your circles that is COVID-19 safe? Please contact us (email@example.com) and let us know so we can share our resources and put our official logo on your event!
Become a Partner
How can you become a partner?
Are you affiliated with an organization, church or community group? Are you an entrepreneur or independent business owner? Do you work for a local or international company? Your company, organization or group can help us reach our objective of providing a Christmas dinner to over 200 families this holiday season.
- Join our committee and help raise funds! Printable and shareable publicity tools : 8-1/2 x11 poster in English and French, and 1440x1080 jpeg for electronic display in English and French.
- Join us as a corporate partner and donate or offer a whopping discount on your food item or supplies.
- Join us as a corporate partner for our delivery day, or lend your company or organization’s expertise in any way.
Interested? Call or e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to submit your name and contact information along with your interest in partnering with us.
Representatives from the following community groups are on the planning committee for this annual initiative
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
- Central Quebec School Board
- Chalmers-Wesley United Church
- CEGEP Champlain - St. Lawrence
- Eastern Quebec Learning Centre
- Fraser Recovery Program
- Jeffery Hale Community Partners
- Jeffery Hale Community Services
- Morrin Centre
- Quebec Baptist Church
- Saint Brigid's Home
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
- St. Michael's Anglican Church
- St. Patrick's Church & Catholic Women’s League
- South Shore English Network
- Voice of English-speaking Québec
Other community collaborators include
- CBC Radio 1 (104.7 FM)
- Citadel Foundation
- Église Unie Saint-Pierre
- Evangel Pentecostal Church
- Everest Elementary School
- Dollard-des-Ormeaux School
- Église Unie Saint-Pierre
- Holland Elementary School
- McGreevy Manor
- Portneuf Elementary School
- Quebec High School
- Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph
- Saint Brigid’s Home Foundation
- Saint Vincent School
- St. Lawrence College Student Association
- St. Patrick's High School
- Ste-Foy Elementary School
- Valcartier Elementary School