Help deliver some goodness!
Volunteers! If you helped out in 2021, please take our volunteer satisfaction survey.
For over 25 years, the English-speaking community of the Greater Québec City region has collaborated in running a successful Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We distribute Christmas hampers to over 200 homes in need, which is an enormous challenge with a most heart-warming outcome. Learn more in the press release, infographic or video. Listen to a November 2020 CBC Radio interview with Brigitte Wellens, campaign spokesperson.
Jeffery Hale Community Partners coordinates the campaign's central registry of English-speaking community members who need help during the holiday season.
Join our efforts from November 1 to December 18, 2021!
Due to COVID-19, we are NOT able to accept food donations once again this year, but you can still give to the campaign by making a monetary donation and by offering your volunteer time. Help us spread the word! See the Partners section below to download our printable and shareable publicity tools.
Jeffery Hale Community Partners (JH Partners) is a community-based charitable organization whose mission is to better the health and wellness of the English-speaking community of the Greater Québec City (or Capitale-Nationale) region, including Portneuf and Charlevoix, with focus on those most at risk. JH Partners is a charity registered with the Canada Revenue Agency (CRA) since 1991 and is a leader in coordinating the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We primarily use Canada Helps to accept and manage donations to the campaign.
Where does my donation go?
Due to the pandemic, once again, we CANNOT accept food donations this year, so we need your monetary donations to purchase all food for the hampers - fruit, vegetables, meats AND non-perishable items. Our biggest purchases are bread, eggs and turkey, which complete a traditional holiday dinner.
I am ready to donate online
Fantastic! You can donate to our campaign online using our secure and convenient online donation form and receive a tax receipt right away from Jeffery Hale Community Partners, the registered charity behind the campaign.
Unless you request anonymity, we will recognize you in a full-page thank-you advertisement in the Quebec Chronicle Telegraph newspaper in January.
I am ready to donate by mail
Wonderful! You may submit a donation by cheque payable to the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. We issue tax receipts for donations of $10 or more.
Community Christmas Hamper Campaign
c/o Jeffery Hale Community Partners
2000-1270, chemin Sainte-Foy
Québec (Québec) G1S 2M4
I’d like to give my time to help deliver some goodness!
Given the current situation, we have everyone's health and safety at heart. To minimize the number of people in the same space at the same time, once again, we are limiting the volunteer opportunities that we offer. For example, we will be primarily recruiting for delivery teams (driver and helper from the same household).
If you are interested in delivering hampers, be sure to note the qualifications in the next column and the instructions to register as a volunteer.
We hope to be able to bring everyone together again NEXT year (2022) for other volunteer tasks. Thanks for your understanding!
Questions? Contact the Volunteer Coordinator for the hamper campaign, by email email@example.com or by phone 418 684-5333, ext. 11835 (please leave a message and we'll get back to you ASAP).
NOTE: We are happy to return to the Eastern Québec Learning Centre this year. Thanks to the entire EQLC team for welcoming us back!
Qualifications for drivers and their helpers
- The driver and helper MUST be from the same household!
- Be available on delivery day, December 18th.
- You are in good health.
- You have previously emailed us your proof of vaccination.
- You can you lift 25 lbs (either the driver or their helper).
- You have a car and a valid driver’s license.
- You can navigate the region well or have a GPS or a cell phone with Google Maps.
How do I sign up?
- New volunteer? You can fill in an application here. For help on how to fill out the application form, please view our how-to video!
- Returning volunteer? Using your username and password, login here.
- Either way, be sure to email your proof of vaccination to this year's volunteer coordinator!
Have you forgotten how to register since you did so last year? Please don't try to fill in an application form again. Click on "I forgot my username or password".
A special note to driver teams in 2021
Remember to stay in your car when you get to the EQLC. We will come to you. Registered drivers will receive full instructions by email. Please follow them closely to protect everyone's health!
How and when can I register?
Anyone in need of a hamper may register by contacting a church, organization or institution listed in the hamper registry pamphlet before Monday, November 15, 2021.
If your child attends a school in the Central Quebec School Board, you can contact your school social worker or nurse who may be reached at Jeffery Hale Community Services, 418-684-5333, ext. 11805.
What happens once I’ve registered?
This is a confidential service. Your contact person will give your name and address confidentially to the central registry for the Community Christmas Hamper Campaign. After this is done, names and addresses will be checked for duplication. Your contact person will call you to tell you the date and the approximate time of delivery. We would ask that you make a point of being at home to receive your hamper. It will be delivered to you by a team of volunteers.
What are other helpful resources available to me?
If you need further help, there are many community services that may be of help to you, including: referrals to other helping agencies (food banks), help with income tax returns, access to a free job bank.
Call Jeffery Hale Community Services to speak with a social worker
at 418 684-5333, ext. 11805.
Help! I don't know how to cook a turkey!
Please read our instructions on how to cook a turkey safely.
How can I attend or promote fundraising events?
Due to COVID-19, most fundraising events will once again likely take place online this year in a virtual format.
I'd like to host my own event to raise funds!
Would you like to help us fundraise with a special event in your circles that is COVID-19 safe? Please contact us (firstname.lastname@example.org) and let us know so we can share our resources and put our official logo on your event! Here are this year's initiatives so far:
- VEQ's Oh Deer! Holiday Dares initiative
- (Sold out, sorry!) Christmas Family Fun Boxes from EPIQ (English-speaking Parents in Quebec City), the Wellness Centre and VEQ!
- (Sold out, sorry!) Fun Jars cookie mix in a mason jar from the RISE Program (sold out, sorry!)
- (Sold out, sorry!) EQLC's Holiday Gift Baskets
- Staff Jeans Day & Fancy Coffees, Jewellery & Christmas Sales at Saint Brigid's Home
- Saint Lawrence College Student Association's Dodgeball Tournament
Become a Partner
How can you become a partner?
Are you affiliated with an organization, church or community group? Are you an entrepreneur or independent business owner? Do you work for a local or international company? Your company, organization or group can help us reach our objective of providing a Christmas dinner to over 200 families this holiday season.
- Join our committee and help raise funds!
- Share our printable and electronic publicity tools with your network and at your workplace:
- Hamper registry pamphlet
- 8-1/2 x11 poster in English and French
- 1440 x 1080 jpeg for electronic display in English and French
- Join us as a corporate partner. Please view our Corporate Partner Visibility Program:
- Donate on your food item or supplies or offer a whopping discount
- Join us as a corporate partner on delivery day
- Lend your company or organization’s expertise in some way
Interested? Call or e-mail (email@example.com ) to submit your name and contact information along with your interest in partnering with us.
Representatives from the following community groups are on the planning committee for this annual initiative
- Cathedral of the Holy Trinity
- Central Quebec School Board
- Chalmers-Wesley United Church
- CEGEP Champlain - St. Lawrence
- Eastern Quebec Learning Centre
- Fraser Recovery Program
- Jeffery Hale Community Partners
- Jeffery Hale Community Services
- Morrin Centre
- Quebec Baptist Church
- Saint Brigid's Home
- St. Andrew's Presbyterian Church
- St. Michael's Anglican Church
- St. Patrick's Church & Catholic Women’s League
- South Shore English Network
- Voice of English-speaking Québec
- Canada Post
- Emballages L.P. Aubut Inc.
- IGA Marché Poulin
- Nutri-Œuf: Ovale Eggs, Saint-Lambert-de-Lauzon
Other community collaborators include
- Citadel Foundation
- Dollard-des-Ormeaux School
- Église Unie Saint-Pierre
- Everest Elementary School
- Holland Elementary School
- McGreevy Manor
- Portneuf Elementary School
- Quebec High School
- Quebec Chronicle-Telegraph
- Saint Brigid’s Home Foundation
- Saint Vincent School
- St. Lawrence College Student Association
- St. Patrick's High School
- Ste-Foy Elementary School
- Valcartier Elementary School